POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Skies (3 of n) : Re: Skies (3 of n) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 12:15:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Skies (3 of n)
From: Bruno Cabasson
Date: 9 Nov 2007 11:10:01
Message: <web.473485927579baf9e8ba46670@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote:

> Excellent! That looks very intuitive to use. For skies I usually like to use
> LightSysIV, but there the problem is that I do not really understand the
> background and the correct way to change things. Your method seems really
> simple for the end-user. I suppose that, given the correct parameters, you
> could simulate a Martian sundown for instance as easily as a terrestrial
> one.
>
> Thomas

I intend to make it only declarative. You specify values for parameters, scalar
or functions/color_maps or so, and they are processed by an 'engine'. In this
case, the engine is very simple.

Sky_17 is currently rendering and here is the state now. It is a 3 cloud layers
sky (plus the atmosphere), and it already took about 12-14 hours to render
(Athlon 3000). I think it'll average 6-8 pps. I needed 2 hours to tweak this
one before the final render. Seeing it now, I find it a bit too bright, but
presentable however.

    Bruno

PS: The fact is ... I AM a martian!

Post a reply to this message